This object is in archive! 

Option to Limit Block Group to same grid

Robert Lindberg shared this feedback 7 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello, I would like to see an option that makes it possible to limit Block Groups to only change settings on the same grid/construct and disregard blocks with same group name on other grids connected through a connector.

I suggest doing that by adding a prefix to the group name, for example # (often used as a substitute for a number or ID).

The reason for my suggestion is that I'm building a logistics network using nearly identical drones, that sometimes are connected to the same grid. When a drone gets disconnected, a event controller start up various systems (like engines) and turn on the autopilot so that it goes to the next destination. That part works quite well, however even after disconnect the event controller operates blocks that are no longer connected because they are in a group with the same name. It only happens for a short while, but is enough to effect other drones.

A workaround is to rename each drone's block groups so that they are unique. That's quite a bit of work though and takes a lot of fun out of it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file