This object is in archive! 

Suggestion: Button Panel WASD controls

Silas shared this feedback 14 months ago
Not Enough Votes

TLDR; Suggestion is, lets add WASD controls as an option for button panels, so I can walk around my bridge and control the ship (even if its just very rudimentary controls) without sitting in a flight seat.

When I first started playing SE years ago I envisioned going on a star trek like voyage with my friends. Every patch that has been released has brought us closer to that dream, and so I would like to suggest completing the dream and allowing us to control the ship's movement from the button panels. I would love to see pitch, roll and yaw added later, but honestly just being able to accelerate / deaccelerate the ship from the button panel without some weird stuff with thruster override would be a massive step for me. Don't get me wrong, I know that some of what I want is already possible, and I'm fully aware that it will in no way be better or more fluid than the flight seat. . . But the atmosphere (ha) it would bring to the game is immense as massive bridges with multi terminal control panels would have some use versus just a fully kitted hotkey bar with one single fight seat that controls everything.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file