This object is in archive! 

Cosmetic blocks with piping to serve functional purpose of moving ores and basic materials

doug stryjek shared this feedback 8 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello,

I have been playing Space Engineers for quite some time and one of my biggest frustrations is that I am unable to make ships and/or bases have the visual aesthetics that I prefer due to many cosmetic blocks being just that cosmetic only. For example, in the Automatons DLC, I have heard from many YouTube Videos on the subject that the new block shown in the attached photo and highlighted with a red box is only cosmetic. It has the potential to serve a functional purpose as do many other cosmetic-only blocks. In this specific example, I am referring to the inability of the piping on the block to be able to move items through the block (I would be content if it was only ores and basic crafting materials). This is just one of the many blocks that I wish served some functional purpose instead of just a cosmetic one. Other examples include passage blocks with piping built into them. Most of my desire, as it relates to this post, is concerned with having the previously mentioned blocks able to move at least ores and basic crafting material throughout a ship and/or base without the need for additional conveyors. This would go a long way to an aesthetically pleasing and all more functional ship/base. Thank you for your time.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file