This object is in archive! 

A request from the peasants.....

Scott "HardenedMass920" Hubbard shared this feedback 15 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hey Keen, Space engineers is looking great. It has an active, vibrant community... but you have a whole other community that feels abandoned. Yes, I know you said Medieval Engineers is a finished product, but seriously?

Please, either make a ME DLC for SE, or give the Community Edition programmers the support needed to get this project moving. It is so frustrating to finally find a game that comes close to what I want to experience only to find that the developer dumped it half-assed and unfinished out there for suckers to spend money on (I bought the "Deluxe Edition", um.... can you please tell me again exactly what I got for my money that was sooooo deluxe that it warrented paying even more for an incomplete project?)

As for the SE players who may be reading this... imagine if you had spent your hard earned money on SE (maybe even buying the "Deluxe Edition"!) only to find that it's so devoid of any real content, or even stability that the game is virtually unplayable. But you figure there'll be updates and new content added, but the updates don't fix much and the content is AWOL. And then the developers say "Wow! Look what we created! It is finished!" and then refuse to do any further development on the game. Screw you. Screw the money you paid.

Fortunately, we are used to tough times here in the Middle Ages, and tough times breed determined people. It was the ME modding community that stepped up and made the Community Edition reasonable stable. Kudos to Keen for letting someone else pick up the pieces and making something out of them.

I can hear you saying, "so why are you complaining?". A) It's the Middle Ages, what else is there to do besides self-flagellation? B) I love this damned game but it has the potential to be sooo much more! C) Keen is having great success with SE, now it's time to go back to work on ME.

Do the right thing Keen! Scrap the original code. Rewrite everything based on SE's code. If you give it the same effort you've put into SE, you WILL be rewarded for your efforts! Look at the popularity of Medieval Dynasty right now, ME (with all it's shortcomings) has so much more potential than MD. There are a butt load of players who would flock to this game if were on a par with SE as far as quality and content.

I know I've probably pissed off the devs with some of what I had to say, but I genuinely love this game even in the state it's in, This game has the potential to be the greatest Medieval life simulator out there, but it has a long way to go.

You could make this happen, Keen. And the community would love you for it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file