This object is in archive! 

Event Controllers should be able to make an easy and effective airlock

Pringels09 shared this feedback 17 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Builders, Soldiers, Anyone who has ever used the Air tightness feature

we have suffered enough off from the horrible reality of just how hard it is to build a functioning, safe, reliable, two way airlock, that's simple to build and setup!

I say enough! Now that the almighty Keen has added the Event Controller it's the the to rise up! To rage against the dying of my oxygen supply.

I suppose a simple yet powerful feature to be added to the Event Controllers "Door Opened" Event needs the "Interrupt and Delay" feature, which, among other things, would allow the easy setup of an airlock that is to all our requirements (See Fig.1). By simply setting one EC to "If my door opens close the other one" and vice versa

And while I can't say how easy it would be to implement, it would work like a Timer Block with benefits for Doors: Instead of opening the Door execute my command, then wait X time, then open door.

Handling Edge Cases would also be rather easy.

What if I have multiple ECs? Just Interrupt once and execute all.

What if I spam the door? Just Interrupt it every time and restart the timer, like a Timer Block

I think this would fit naturally in Space Engineers. And would be easy to setup and finally after all these years an easy script less version, because multiplayer also deserves some love. And doing it with scrips was always a bit of an hassle. Even with prewritten ones. My ... Our glorious idea would even be pastable.

I know this is stupid since you basically always have large excess of O2, but Space Engineers was never about what is the most efficient way of doing it. It was about the beauty, the fun and the headcanon and by god I can't work with such waste of oxygen. And it always struck me as odd that airlocks were in a space game one of the hardest things to efficently do

I hope you've had enough of this wasteful oppression as I and agree with me, if not then I've probably crashed into an asteroid anyway

Files: Fig1.png
Leave a Comment

Attach a file