This object is in archive! 

Revamp or Polish Keen Servers

VivaVii shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

The game has evolved a lot over the last four years, and aside from adding some planets to the default solar system maps, the Vanilla Servers have gone untouched for over 4 years. They could use some polish to improve player to player interaction, and embrace or prevent popular gameplay loops players have come to learn. I just want to ask some simple questions in an effort to understand if this is truly how keen wants to newest players to PvP, or if vanilla servers are actually turning players away.

-Does Progression feel more like it’s showing new players how to use the blocks as they unlock them, or is it feeling like road block to expressing their creativity?

-should the current layout of ores feel like it’s bringing players together or spreading them apart?

- players can often find themselves spending days looking for a cobalt deposit before their first jump drive, should this be intentional, or fixxed?

- Are the planets too distant from eachother? It often takes 6-10 jd’s to get from earth to alien depending on the vessel. Is that kind of tech requirement something that fits within the current pcu allocation per player, or does it simply encourage players to build larger, less server friendly ships?

- With the addition of warfare II and now automatons, is 20k pcu still optimal, excessive, or does it limit a player too much?

- The wealth gap is -vast- between players who participate in the economy system and those still learning. Are the values of ores, comps ships, and those recommended in vending machines actually a viable route for ship builders or are they simply pretty decoration?

As you can see, optimizing the vanilla pvp experience poses a lot of questions, but my concerns stem from a lack of attention to these servers, and i’m just concerned that new folks grow frustrated rather quickly with this environment, and believe there is a lot of room for improvement.

<3 thanks for reading o/

Leave a Comment

Attach a file