This object is in archive! 

Suggestion: Power Access Panel

Christoph Lipka shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

The new functional Access Panels (the one with the inbuilt control panel and the one with the inbuilt button) are neat, but I also see missed opportunities with regards to the non-functional ones.

Specifically, I frequently find myself running out of power before running out of O2 or H2, and wishing I had a couple of places around my base where I could just "plug in" for a few seconds, so I don't have to run back to my Survival Kit every time I need to recharge. I'm currently solving this by placing Passenger Seats near places I'm currently working on, but having this functionality provided by an access panel would be so much neater. As I envision it, that panel would work pretty much like the Survival Kit, in that I'd have to stand beside it and press and hold "F" to recharge, but it would provide only power, not H2/O2 or health.

My suggestion would be to add another Access Panel to provide such functionality. (Alternatively, maybe Access Panel 2 could be modified to serve this purpose; however, the current design has the door at a cumbersome position, and would require crouching to access the functional area behind it, which would be less than optimal.)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file