This object is in archive! 

Custom Weapon Controller not switching target

Lance shared this feedback 19 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I have found that Custoemr weapon Controllers on a Custom turret does not switch targets with ease, they seem to become obcessed and wont switch from a system if the target is no longer valid.

To test this I created a test world, (earth) with no mods.

I created a custoemr weapon turret (in the end 3) and spawned in ships which I made pirates.

The turrets would initially target he ship and shoot it down, then it would keep trying to target the ship even when out of LOS or targeting angle.

I would spawn in a second ship and the turrets would ignore this new enemy.

I would then switch the turrets from default to a subsystem and they would target that system (they seem to only like to target Power or weapons)

Switching the turrents to default meant that they would stop attackign despite "enemy" ships still being in the sky and within range and angle.

Switching back to Power or Weapons allows the turrets to reengage, until those systems cease to exist, switching to the default or other systems does nothing.

conventional turrets target and fire on the enemy ships still, it would also be nice if the custom turrets did not attack your base (they occasionally fire at your base or fire through eachother anihilating the custoemr turret while targeting a falling enemy)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file