This object is in archive! 

Add duration to rotor displacement

Leonard Fries shared this feedback 15 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello, I'd like to illuminate an issue regarding rotors that I find very problematic. Since adjusting displacement on rotors is instantaneous, it's very easy to exploit this in something like "rotor guns", where a series of rotors have their displacement set to max and the last rotor detaches a rotor part from their already infinite supply of rotor parts. This will result in an projectile breaking the speed limit of grids with devastating consequences for the receiver.

See attached link to a steam workshop page to see what I'm referring to.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1912220148

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but this goes against the rules you've established regarding combat and resources. Why should I build expensive warships with slow, relatively inefficient guns, if I can just put a bunch of rotors and timers to achieve an even greater effect?

It's very easy to circumvent this problem, just add a duration relative to the amount of distance the displacement needs to travel. I.E, A rotor starts at a neutral displacement of 0 mm, I set it to 20.0 cm, and it takes 2 seconds to reach that point.

There's really no reason for this change to be instantaneous and this fix should be easy to implement.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file