This object is in archive! 

Automation Beta: Ai pathfinding seems... drunk.

dzunepwnsipod 72 shared this feedback 14 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I tried to test a self docking setup on a working ship. A move, and an basic task block. I set the task block to autopilot, one way, to a GPS location just above a connector. I moved my ship a little ways away from the connector. It had to travel 5m forward, and 1 down.

As soon as I started the autopilot/ai it started to roll over and list oddly in one direction or another. Eventually it decided on a direction to go, which was... orbit I guess. So it just kept going until it ran out of hydrogen. I got a significant distance from the earth like planet.

Ive tried this on a few other ships and they all seem to lean and list, move aimlessly and or shooting away from, their objective as fast as inhumanly possible.

I suspect it might have something to do with not understanding the coordinate system it's supposed to navigate. One variable could have been mistaken for another while writing the ai for the blocks, when it came to coordinates. Like mixing the Z-axis up with X-axis.

Attached below is a photo of my ship attempting to land at the "Home Base - Landing Pad F" icon... that it's flying away from... at top speed.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file