This object is in archive! 

SunIntensity for Planets

Doktor shared this feedback 14 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I've built close to a dozen planets over the last few months and I've ran into a creative issue on a few of them. Some would benefit from an overall darker atmosphere with less light on the surface of the planet. I only see two ways to currently see this but neither is a viable option.

Option #1 is to change up the Environment.sbc and lower the <SunIntensity> value. The con here is it affects every thing. All planets and all space. So that option doesn't fly.

Option #2 is to lower <SunIntensity> on Weather effects. While this does work...weather isn't always active and the Global Weather value doesn't seem to work at all. So it's not reliable.

One possible fix would be to add in the SunIntensity value under the Atmosphere settings for a planet. Right now we can change Light color and Fog color/brightness. But nothing that actually affects how bright/dark the light is on voxels.

Another route would be to make "No Weather" it's own "Clear" type of weather that is always on by default unless another type is taking priority. That way the "Clear" weather type should have values we can change up.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file