This object is in archive! 

TL:DR We need Shaped/Cutting/Breaching Charges for Grnd Assaults (Re-skin the sensor and LCD Blocks)

Disco Pistons shared this feedback 19 months ago
Not Enough Votes

5th Fleet, Task Force Bailer Mission Report

December 16, 2084

Operation No. 573, (Codeword: Glimmer Fang)

Assigned Target: 4 HVTs Basilisk, Nova, Pitchfork and Mudder located within Level 9 compound known as "Keyhole".

Introduction

The frigate Ridgely, patrolling within the Deep Sectors of the Epsilon Quadrant, picked up communications on the newly compromised enemy encrypted channel about the beginnings of a planned attack of the resource station A15, some 850KM away within 4 weeks' time.

With the gap in the next Area Patrol more than 2 months away, there was a significant chance that leaving the AP to deal with the imminent threat would result in an unreasonable loss of life and resources as well as risking egress out of the area to an unknown location, hampering retribution efforts. Additionally, the call to order a mass evacuation of A15 was planned and quickly abandoned, as the sudden and unprovoked exodus risked tipping off ROS of an extra, unaccounted Fleet Asset in the immediate Area of Operations. The risk did not outweigh the reward; however, disruption of the attack was still deemed a needed tactical objective within the purview of our standing orders.

The objective was moved a preemptive strike to foul momentum and buy time for reinforcements and the decision to press the offensive, while simultaneously holding position within the K-Boz Nebula for more reinforcements was deemed the most tactically sound option. Operation No. 573, Codename: Glimmer Fang was cleared for execution next day, 00:00 hours Zulu Time.

A G-2 probe was sent to the area to transmit a Gravity Map back before dropping a beacon and scuttling, giving us a general area for the discovered compound, known as "Keyhole" by newly received intercepted communications. Additionally, 4 Pilots of the ROS Crimson Wave Squad were confirmed to be spearheading the assault. While monitoring the 1st phase, we began preparing for Phase II: The Assault.

Upon review of the combat footage, as well as the debriefing statements of all survivors before being arrested and confined to the Brig, it is my firm belief that these deaths could have been mitigated with the advent and deployment of a field deployable shaped/breaching charge. It is my hope that this report will simultaneously serve as an After-Action Review as well as a use case for a tactical insertion device/shaped charge I have envisioned for our ground forces, code name Spike.

As Commander of the Task Force, I, Major Disco_Pistons, will be returning to Central with the blueprints to this device as well as a working model for both a 3x3 and 1x1 model, modified from an LCD and sensor block respectively, under full guard. My final last act as commanding officer of Task Force Bailer was to submit documentation for peer review to add Spike to the Keen Construction Database as well as a provisional appendix of comments and tactics on it’s use, for posterity within the Euclidean Warfare Doctrine.

I stand for court martial.

Maj. Disco_Pistons,

Commander, TF Bailer.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file