This object is in archive! 

Allow 'set' functionality from timers/buttons to rotors/hinges/pistons

Teacup shared this feedback 18 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello,

Whilst I can program in C# this skill set is ages old and I do not have the time in life to relearn or program the Programmable Blocks in space engineers.

Yet I often find myself wanting to fiddle around with complex contraptions where I would require the rotors/hinges/pistons to have multiple set points. Whilst there are often creative work arounds they are not always possible and often add complexity to an already time-intensive idea. This seems like a reasonable functionality, especially given it is available in the programmable interface.

I propose adding the following functionality, for rotor/hinges/pistons, to be accessible to button/timers/etc actions:

• Set Position [argument]: the appropriate/both limits is/are set to the argument value and the velocity of motion is made to be towards the set position, the value of velocity is maintained, a velocity of zero would remain zero
  • Set Position (maintain direction) [argument]: the appropriate/both limits is/are set to the argument value and the velocity of motion is maintained, a velocity of zero would remain zero
  • Set Upper Limit [argument]: The upper limit of the joint is set to the argument value, no change to velocity
  • Set Upper Limit [argument]: The lower limit of the joint is set to the argument value, no change to velocity
  • Set Torque [argument]: Set the torque to the arg value
  • Set Brake [argument]: Set the braking force to the arg value
  • Set Velocity [argument]: Set the velocity to the arg value
  • Set Velocity (maintain direction) [argument]: Change the absolute value of the velocity to the arg value

I feel as though this should have been added from the beginning and hence there may be reasons why it has not. However, I feel that adding these functionalities would increase the possibilities a lot for those without coding skills OR playing in worlds without scripting enabled.

Kind Regards,

Teacup

Leave a Comment

Attach a file