This object is in archive! 

After the grid ai, an economy update would be very effective

Vigilantfish shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Being able to make your own space empire and economy is very pleasing. I feel like having npc's that buy and sell to us can simulate that very well.

First off, I believe that there should be a global, or interconnected economy that can be tracked with a block or something that can track other store blocks on other grids and see their prices and maybe even stocks.

And to streamline the process of pricing of stuff, they can be all tracked by calculating the materials or components needed to craft the item. Materials can have a set or fluctuating price (we should leave this configurable, allow making it more static for performance reasons) that will be calculated once and have a set value that we can undercut or oversell. This would be very very helpful for mods as we're simply drawing the material and crafting time to be able to set prices.

We could also have a refueling block of some kind attached between a hydrogen tank and the connector to set prices for them.

This would add some value to keeping good relations with other factions, maybe allowing the ability to make trades that are simulated by real ships sent by the said factions about delivering components or goods.

After Grid ai, we should be able to have some ships or drones that are capable of fulfilling these trade deals and other stuff. Since as most of the AI is already written, it would be mostly localisation and ui work I bet.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file