This object is in archive! 

Railgun Capacitor Modules

P. Kerman shared this feedback 19 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Railgun capacitor modules

Currently railguns take 60 and 15 seconds to reload for large and small grids, which is why we see ships with walls of railguns, which looks atrocious. But fact is, the sci-fi classic of one spinal mounted railgun is just not competitive. To solve this I want to suggest Railgun Capacitor Modules, that can be mounted on a railgun similar to upgrade modules for refinery and assembler. Each would add another charge to the railgun, but would also have to be separately charged just like another railgun would have to be. These modules can be just as expensive and heavy as another railgun would be, so you are not getting anything you can’t already have, in fact you would have a lower rate of fire since you have to wait for the full firing cycle to shoot again and don’t have the option fire all shots at once at close range. It would however look a lot better and make it more convenient to stagger your shots since you don’t need an entire toolbar full of shoot once commands.

I would suggest 4 mounting points like this:

9ad259fef957c046d252dd72c5277462

Yes this blocks all conveyor ports, that is intentional. It means you can only mount 3 modules and still connect it to a conveyor system but you can choose which port you use for this freely, meaning you still have the full flexibility when connecting railguns, without limiting your number of shots. Yes in creative you can use all modules for one extra shot but I don’t think that is a big issue.

So in the name of aesthetics give us Railgun Capacitor Modules!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file