This object is in archive! 

Deep space economy should be more meaningful

Anon Nopleb shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Why?

To veteran players, it is well known that deep space trading stations are basically impossible to find without their GPS location and that you have to get to a planet, or even better, moon, first. This basically limits economy exclusively to maps with planets.

Old scenarios like Crashed Red Ship or Lone Survivor make it practically impossible to use any economy (unless you start it with econ disabled, paste in a moon, then enable econ. I know this after some time of browsing the web, but this method is far too inconvenient and impossible to come up with yourself for any new player)

1. Finding Deep Space Stations

The possibly easiest feature to add to the game would be to add trading station datapads to unknown signals' and mayday signals' loot.

Another exciting method would be advertisement LCDs on civil npc encounter ships that give you coordinates for a nearby station (either as GPS strings to be copied from an ad LCD or even better, added via button press or automatically when near the ad like it happens in vanilla scenarios). This would also make these encounters more worthwhile if you have no hostile intentions.

Possibly adding some sort of active advertisement broadcasts. These could be received via antennae and be posted as chat messages (of course these should be possible to turn off) or possible to be displayed on LCDs.

2. Econ stations are extremely distant in deep space, why bother?

a) It would be great to have trading stations spawn more closely to each other or to players, as deep space stations are generally thousands of kms apart and often require more than one max distance jump to reach, so they are basically endgame stuff.

b) Make deep space stations more worthwhile: These things are far out in space and hard to reach, so it makes sense that goods should be more expensive overall (also meaning higher selling prices) and quests should be more rewarding (more reputation and money, larger quantities of goods for acquisition contracts).

c) Considering the distance and differences in resource availability and supply/demand, there should also be some price differences between planetary, orbit and deep space stations. I.e. Uranium and platinum should be cheaper in deep space than on planets where these resources cannot be found. Conversely, as ice is not that frequent on asteroids, ice and gasses should be considerably more expensive in deep space. Other differences in good supply/demand could make trading more profitable, i.e. buy a lot of plat in space and deliver it to planets for an almost guaranteed large profit.

I hope this feedback could be helpful and I would be very honoured if any of these suggestions are considered in future updates

Leave a Comment

Attach a file