This object is in archive! 

Contract changes/Additions

Luke Hanhart shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I believe that contracts are currently a bit lackluster and would love to see changes

Search Contract:

I personally love the idea of search contracts but would love to see something of a recovery element. Adding a portable beacon consumable item into the inventory of the lost ship/item could spawn a recovery vessel of that faction which would land in proximity. Alternatively, a player with a large enough ship or rover could carry the lost item back to the station where the quest was given and drop off within the safe zone.

Hauling Contracts:

I always felt like a hauling contact should be more an inverse to acquisition contracts where station A needs ex. 1000 steel plates delivered to station B.

Supply Chain Contract:

I would like to see a supply chain added into the game where a mining faction "processes" ores and will contract you to bring refined ingots to a components manufacturer. C.M.'s contract to send components to ship builders. This would allow players to invest in the economy of the game in a more meaningful way and if a link in the supply chain is lacking a player/faction can fill in the void.

Faction Sharing of Contracts:

I would love the option of selecting whether a contract is personal or to be completed by a whole faction. Only high ranking faction members could accept contracts and assign to faction members. Reputation and reward would then be directly deposited to the faction.

Varying difficulty of contracts:

Introducing varied levels to contracts would allow players/factions to take missions that have higher risk and higher reward. Take search contracts for example. As a faction several ships could search for lost items making it easier but if it is a difficult contract as opposed to an easy one, the search area is significantly bigger. Hauling Contracts or supply chain contracts of a higher difficulty could have pirate Raiders along the route attempting to shoot you down in ambush.

Eliminate Pirate presence Contract:

Pretty self explanatory. If a pirate base/facility is spawned in the nearest station has a very high reward contract for eliminating it.

Sale of custom ships to stations:

Allow players to sell ships to NPC factions. Additionally a ship with mining capabilities could specifically be sold to mining factions.

Trade route establishment contract:

Depending on the ai changes we might receive I would like to be able to set up autonomous supply lines. For example, if you wish to be mining faction, you can have drones deliver ores to refining stations and contract the refining station in turn to deliver components to you. That way if you lack certain things like ammunitions or superconductors you can essentially contract the station to provide them.

In conclusion, I really want an expanded economy with integration for factions. There are so many more ideas to make this game great; hopefully we can have some of them in the near future!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file