This object is in archive! 

(Suggestion) Add a selection/radial wheel to work alongside keybinds.

Greg Cox shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

I'm a new player that just started yesterday, so feel free to disregard my suggestion. I find the number of key binds quite exhausting and easy to forget. I feel like a selection/radial wheel would benefit a game like this. It doesn't have to replace key binds but rather work along side them. For example, pressing middle mouse while inside the ship would pop up a selection wheel where the user can lock the landing gear. Pressing the middle mouse while outside of a vehicle would allow you to enable/disable jetpack or something to that effect. Perhaps this would help small/large build mode transitions seem more user friendly too. I just feel that if you can consolidate actions into a wheel, you'd be able to free up precious key binds and make them more intuitive. For example, the "X" key being jetpack is not intuitive.

I've attached a screenshot but there are plenty of better looking ones out there. Just wanted to add my two cents as a new player. Hope this hasn't been said before. Thanks for the cool game!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file