This object is in archive! 

Ambient Lighting

Lexen Smith shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello,

I wanted to raise a question about something I've noticed and have yet to find a solution for either via the game settings or online forums.

The lighting behaves strangely when entering enclosed areas or areas somewhat shaded from direct sunlight. It makes sense that when you are in an enclosed area but near an opening to natural lighting, the area inside would remain somewhat lit. However I find that when I move even a few steps away from a doorway or window, my view of my surroundings becomes quite dark if not pitch black when it is reasonable that the ambient lighting should illuminate my surroundings at least somewhat.

It isn't a crippling issue, and can be overcome by just turning on your suit's light or turning interior lighting brightness all the way up. But it is a nuisance of a problem, not being able to rely on natural lighting at all and having to load enclosed areas with lights to avoid stumbling in darkness.

If you are aware of a solution that I have overlooked, please do let me know. Otherwise, I just thought I'd bring up the issue to be fixed whenever you all get around to it.

While you're reading this I'd also like to say Space Engineers is a brilliant game, one of my favorites. I've been playing for eight years or so, and it has been an exciting thing to see it be developed as you have developed it. It is a game that will never get old, and keeps getting better. I a look forward to see what else you do with it, and in the meantime I'll be playing with a passion. Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file