This object is in archive! 

Please add a large grid Autocannon turret!

Vargorn shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

The Autocannon is probably my favourite new weapon, both in terms of the overall concept and the sound. It fits really nice in between the gatling and assault cannon and has a distinct role as anti heavy-fighter or light-corvette DPS weapon. Also, let's not forget the sheer awesomness of having all different kinds of weapons with different firing rate and sounds on a large ship! Therefore I cannot understand how this weapon and especially its turret variant has no large grid version.

Of course it is possible to use the gun variant via a rotor turret setup, but having multiple of these has a massive PCU cost compared to a single turret. From a gameplay perspective it provides superior firepower at the cost of being very vulnerable and more complex to set up. This makes it less suited for small large grid craft or base defense.

In terms of balancing, the large grid version would likely be a bit larger, more expensive and sturdy. Overall similar to the comparison of the large vs. small grid gatling turret with larger targeting range and slightly higher fire rate. This would make it the perfect in-between weapon in my opinion.

The screenshot attached is a mockup design I created in paint based on the official release picture. The vertical arrangement of the two barrels would add a different feel to the design compared to the bigger cannons with their horizontal arrangement.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file