This object is in archive! 

Custom Missile Controller

Chuck shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

So, Warfare 2 was (in my opinion) the most significant update we have had for this game in a very long time. It was the update that brought me back to this game after a long time of having updates that added basically nothing. I think one reason for this was it was an update that actually changed gameplay. Specifically, the custom turret control block has opened up so many possibilities for new things to make. I think we could take this a step further. With a new block, a "Custom Missile Controller" block. Essentially, put it on a craft, and then it will try and point at an enemy using gyros on the craft. Combine this with timer blocks and thrusters, and now we can make custom, powerful, missiles.

While yes, it is true that we can use scripts for this, we could also use scripts to make turrets, but it got made into an actual feature. I see no reason why being able to use scripts for this would prevent it from being added. We can also use the custom turret controller to make scripless missiles, sure. however, due to the way this is done, I get the impression that this is not meant to be a feature, it's more of an oversight in the physics of the game. you basically mount the rotors on, backwards. Instead of putting a rotor on the missile, you put the missile on the rotor. Its janky and again, i doubt its intended. Not only that, you can also only use 2 gyros when making a missile like this, significantly limiting its maneuverability. If we had a missile controller that could control gyros, we could have more maneuverability, and therefore, more interesting or larger missiles.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file