This object is in archive! 

New Feature Please...Multiple Block Selection Tool

Black Ryan shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

I'm not good at writing but I will try. I would like a feature that enables me to visually look at a block as the player or spectator cam and select multiple blocks by clicking on them. After clicking and selecting all the blocks you desire then I would like to be able to do....stuff with the selected blocks. By stuff I mean anything devs or modders think of. I would like such a tool to be able to select blocks to name them or move them or rotate them or paint them or group them. Whatever you want. I would also like the tool to allow me to select and group multiple blocks in mass sort of the same way you can place blocks in mass by holding down CTRL and dragging. And I believe being able to select armored blocks would open doors to good things such as being able to select and group armored blocks. After grouping and naming the blocks eg. "Forward Section" or "Pinstripe" and then you can paint the armored block groups with the selection feature. Then you could paint or repaint a ship easy in minutes rather than an hour. You could also select things to be moved. If you want to move something one spot over then you can select and move rather than grinding it and building a new one. I mean the engineer really should be able to select and pick up things. Sometimes I grind a block and the block I took out was supporting another block that falls and if I could just select the fallen block and pick it up and carry it and hold it in place while I weld it back on it would be great. If the engineer can carry 100% of the material needed to weld a block then he should be able to carry it too. Just saying. But in creative mode he/she should be able to pick up anything regardless of weight and size. I don't even need an animation for this. I just want to pick stuff up and/or move it rather than grind down only to build another right away. Would be nice if the tool had some assist and auto features as well. Such as renaming multiple blocks. Auto selecting and/or grouping same or similar function blocks for example...I may want auto select and group all Power generating blocks. Or maybe you want to be more specific and it be all power that uses uranium. Maybe you want to auto select all blocks that shoot ammo or more specific...all blocks that shoot and "fill in a blank with an ammo type". This is just what I can think of on the fly for this tool. The rest of the SE community and the Devs will know a plethora of uses for a multi select tool and the ability to select and group armored blocks. Just don't put the armored blocks in the same list as the functional blocks. That UI is nice but has been outgrown. Adding anything more to the existing menu list would just add more blocks for me to click "off" on Show in Terminal. I guess like a armored blocks tab to click or something. I don't know. Well...thats my request. Now I must get back to building my ship. I gotta redesign my living space to fit a vent. Freaking air vents are 8 foot 2 inches. I think it wears a size 32 Puma. If your looking for Bigfoot....he's a vent in SE. He iight. He chilling. Great for hangars and large industrial spaces but not so great for your bedroom. Its the same size as the door. Its as big as the entire shower. It stands as tall as a missile turret. I think I may place the vent in the floor in front of the couch and put catwalk over it so I can still walk over it without having a dip in the floor, blocking its air flow or having a 2.5 meter vent standing out next to my stove. But to put the vent in the floor and put catwalk over it I will need to remove this interior light in front of the couch because the visually 6-8 inch light in the game takes up enough space for a Shaquille o'neal and a $5 foot long sub despite its visual size so it gets in the way of this catwalk that also visually takes up as much room as a broken down cardboard box but unfortunately can not share the same block space as this interior light. I might have to vent air from the next room over to provide air to this one like some kind of bum. One room providing air for 2 rooms like some kind of savage. If I do that then I won't need the vent or catwalk and can put the light. But I want all of them. I will cry my eyes to sleep tonight because of this. I'm gonna cry at least a 2.5 meter deep river in protest to the 8 foot vent and lights taking up physical space that other things can't occupy. Lights should be able to go anywhere like Diplomats. They are RGB. They deserve better from gamers. You can't go here light. Theres a catwalk. Light just sitting in the corner. NOBODY SITS CORNER LIGHT IN THE CORNER!! The metaphorical corner not the real corner cause they are perfect for actual corners.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file