This object is in archive! 

DS Idle Simulation Load Doubled (and stress load 10x) with Update

Prowler shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Following the update late last night to early this morning for the dedicated server has doubled the simulation load for one of my servers running on a 6700k. There was a lot of PCU in this world and mods, but even after removing ALL ships, stations, mods, and plugins, the world still runs at nearly 50% simulation load where with everything in the world it was running at only 40% (average). A new game runs at 4-8% simulation load with a literal empty world. The first STATIC station blueprint that is spawned sends the simulation load up to 80% and this machine's OS only reports 20% load on the most used core. Before this update, what the sim load reported was what the OS reported on the highest used core (obviously suggesting this was the core the simulation thread ran on).

I have no logs to submit or reproduction but I can offer screenshots of before and after showing a sim load between 20-30% that is now between 220% and 300% (same world snapshot, different versions of the server application).

Leave a Comment

Attach a file