This object is in archive! 

The way of shields work

Ilya shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

First of all, it must be said that I wrote this text through a translator and I may be mistaken. Excuse me. 
To the point. SHIELDS SHOULD BE, BUT NOT OP. In my opinion, they should only complement the already existing good design and not be something that can decide the outcome of the armed meeting.

I propose to make the total capacity of all shield generators relatively small. Add a really LARGE consumption of electricity as well as a penalty on the recharge rate starting from the complete emptying of the capacity and ending with 10-25% of the charge. With the inability to re-enable up to this point. 

Their function should be to protect the ship's hull from projectile hits at the very beginning of the fight. And they should not prevent the penetration of people or meteorites. This is if we are talking about a large structure. In the case of a small ship, they just have to prevent it from exploding from the first volley at it. Like a chance for a mistake.

And I personally would like them not to be shown in any way until the moment of collision with the projectile. Or maybe only as a small ripple around. I can give examples of the shield in the movie "passengers".

I hope that one of the developers will hear me and something of this will be in the game) Shields are cool. Please don't ignore them.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file