This object is in archive! 

Yet another suggestion for backpacks (survival progression)

Rough Galaxy shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

We've all been there. We're trying to put together a refiner or some other resource-intensive thing, and even with a cargo container right there, you pull, weld, pull, weld, etc, etc until you've transferred all the items to the build.

I would like to suggest the ability to upgrade our backpacks so that we can carry more stuff (remember this is for progression in survival, no fiddling with the game settings). This would have a multiplicative effect of counting as upgrading your o2 and hydrogen capacity, as you can carry more bottles, and you can carry more power packs, letting you work for longer without having to run back to your med room/o2 gen/lawn chair.

A second suggestion, that would ride on the same system as backpack upgrades, would be a way to apply or upgrade our suit armor. Let's be honest, most of us playing on survival are looking for a challenge, but space pirates rip through your suit like wet tissue paper (not to mention sometimes your jet pack accelerates faster than you expect, and you dome yourself on a tree or something) so some head protection would be great.

I did See Dan Spencer's post for variant suits and I really like that (https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/suit-changes) and I think these 2 ideas could actually work together.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file