This object is in archive! 

Be able to recharge a powered down grid.

Nick Strong shared this feedback 2 years ago
Submitted

A few patches ago we were given the abilities to power down a subgrid without effecting the main grid. A example is connecting a rover to your base then turning the rover off. I usually just set the batteries to recharge, but started doing this as well. I just figured out that turning the subgrid off prevents the batteries from charging.

This seems weird to me as I feel the function of turning a grid off should be used explicitly for parking and recharging. Otherwise what's the point in being able to turn it off?

Thats my feedback. We need to be able to successfully recharge a powered down subgrid.

Replies (1)

photo

After testing, i figured something out, which renders the above kinda irrelevant, but it really only changes how it should act. So connectors have a option to transfer power to a powered off grid. But that's all it does, as powering down a grid literally sets anything that draws power completely off, including batteries. So you can bypass part of the issue by just turning the batteries back on, and setting them to recharge. But that's honestly annoying to do every time.

Honestly what powering a grid down should do is shut almost everything off, as it does now. But leave the batteries on, and set to recharge. And if you turn the grid on. Well the reverse happens and batteries are put on auto.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file