This object is in archive! 

Add a general Hub on each planet Economy Update

Emerald Captain shared this feedback 4 years ago
Not Enough Votes

You should ad a General HUB on each planet in addition to each of the outposts around the planet, basically the Hubs would be Huge safe zones that would bring a lot of players together and could have multiple stores, docking ports, vehicle bays, and anything else you can think of that will make the HUB more entertaining/useful, and should always be neutral that way anyone can enter the base. hope you enjoy the feed back and i really really hope this gets added. as well as maybe some weather. enjoying the new update so far though keep up the good work.

Best Answer
photo

I really like this. I find planets are so big and vast and resource-scarce that maybe this can incentivize trade and player interaction besides the general death-match approach most take to SE. With different missions and reasons to go out besides just making tech for tech sake this can really change the game in a positive way!

Replies (5)

photo

maybe someone will mod one sooner or later, but i agree! each faction will have its own quarter in there? sounds cool

photo

Thanks, its not prefect but isnt an idea and i think each faction or maybe just one on each planet should have a general HUB maybe under like a united society faction that is neautral with everyone at all times so player of all jobs and reps could interact with each other, not to mention it would be amazing to see a base so big in natural SE and it would add so much life

photo

oh i see what you ment each faction having lika quarter in there, yea maybe some way of promoting each faction maybe not all of them cause there are a lot now but that would cool maybe just ones within a general range on the HUB

photo
photo

Hi,

thanks for the feedback

photo

Thanks, its not prefect but isnt an idea and i think each faction or maybe just one on each planet should have a general HUB maybe under like a united society faction that is neautral with everyone at all times so player of all jobs and reps could interact with each other, not to mention it would be amazing to see a base so big in natural SE and it would add so much life

photo

oh i see what you ment each faction having lika quarter in there, yea maybe some way of promoting each faction maybe not all of them cause there are a lot now but that would cool maybe just ones within a general range on the HUB

photo

I really like this. I find planets are so big and vast and resource-scarce that maybe this can incentivize trade and player interaction besides the general death-match approach most take to SE. With different missions and reasons to go out besides just making tech for tech sake this can really change the game in a positive way!

photo

Yea even with the new trading outpost and stations they are pretty small and it doesn't have as much life. i was also considering maybe you would start out with the coords to the neutral hub and it would be a lot more popular than your standard trading post and have a lot higher chance of going to something that popular than a trading post even if it was closer and you would have a higher chance of meeting people and friends on online.

photo

This is a great idea, a large central station would promote player interaction and planetary colonization, not to mention add more life to planets.

photo

yea i really hope this gets added i would really enjoy massive structures on planets and a place where you are very likely to find other players to interact and trade with

photo

I like this idea, planets always feel really dead. They really need something that brings a bit of life to them.

From a performance perspective the HUB could be a fake object, meaning not built from blocks the way a player would build it, at least not eventually, so the engine wasn't calculating physics for individual blocks. To expand/elaborate on that, what I'm thinking is...

Maybe something like an extra option in creative mode, 'Convert to HUB'. Where the individual blocks used to build the HUB are joined together into a simplified object, the game recalculates new collision boxes for the building during the conversion so ships can still bump into it, players can still walk on it etc but it could never be broken down into blocks. Being inside a safe zone, it would never need to be broken down (maybe safe zones already work something along these lines? I have no idea). This would allow players to create their own HUB's so the dev's wouldn't need to prefab items for us. Perhaps an option when creating a new world to place one of your HUB's (selected or random) onto worlds?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file