Issue with new AI blocks changing direction

Imperial Inquisitor (Kekistan Armed Forces) shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

Ok so im trying to make a missile, this missile will thrust forward for 5 seconds then activate the AI blocks and then should adjust and start thrusting towards the target however it doesn't, it will only keep going in the direction it was travelling at, it spins round to acquire target and when i have a full thruster set it will make corrections but wont thrust in a new direction.

I have tried a separate boosting thruster that turns off then main turns on I tried a separation booster with merge blocks that unlocked to change the grid but nothing works, the ai tracks but wont thrust in a new direction once it's already travelling.

I attached a xbox video demonstrating, i honestly think this might be a bug something with directional changes but not a geek myself, if im doing something wrong I honestly dont see it, thruster launches missile clear, thruster shuts off, h2 turns on AI turns on warhead armed...

it just keep flying off into space unless it starts from relative 0 though it does function when seporated from a ship at thrust just not if it thrusts or takes some kind of action first.

Sorry if im just a dumb ass who doesnt understand the blocks this isnt me just looking for free building tips.

Could it be a issue with thrust override, i use a overriden thruster to launch the missile clear first with the AI block dealing with movement would a overridden block be causing a conflict? I set 2 timer blocks 1 to start the timer based on a event controller reading a broken projector as a trigger.

Timer 1: starts ion thruster (overridden to max)

Timer 2

Timer 2: DELAY 5 SECONDS

Turn off ion, Turn on H2 thruster, turn on AI move, turn on AI combat, Activate warhead

Target is a decoy configured as a npc faction.

Video from my xbox: https://xboxclips.co/space-marine352/b5862332-da07-45a1-9ea7-d4e44ce20172

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Engineer,

Are you playing on single player? If yes, please publish a world to mod.io and share a link in this thread, this will help us reproduce the issue on our side.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file