This object is in archive! 

survival block placement distance too small for windfarms

Copycat80 shared this bug 5 years ago
Not a Bug

The default distance to place blocks is too small for players to place wind farms under certain conditions becasue the player can barely leave the area where the block is going. Placing windfarms on cliffs or angled grids is challenging.Perhaps increase the distance by a few meters.

Replies (2)

photo

This has been an issue for a while with large blocks like Refineries, and Large Thrusters. It's worse for larger modded blocks like my 2x7x12 block refineries. The Placement range should be based on the largest dimension of the block being placed and not a fixed range.

photo

Or you can stay aside and switch to 3rd person view to see what you are doing. Thats how i do it with large containers, refinerys and such.

But of course it would be better with a proper placememt system.

photo

Except there's a setting to disallow 3rd person. The system needs to work for that too.

photo

All they need to do to fix this is allow the same range as we have in creative. The only difference is that it's placing the first build stage instead of a complete block.

photo

This can be a issue on current vanilla blocks as well where you have to at times rotate yourself and find just the right distance so your not inside the block your placing. Not game breaking just a bit awkward and fiddly to be able to just place a block.

I don't see any issues with extending this range a little bit as you still need to get close to weld the block anyway.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file