Bug: Event controller triggered by landing gear/magnetic plates

OutcastZeroOne shared this feedback 40 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Using my tugboat build as the example for this issue.

I have built an ion powered smallgrid tugboat that I use in my game. It has two settings, a low power and high power that is triggered by if it is attached to something. Low power uses minimal thrusters to maneuver the light craft when it’s on its own. High power turns on additional thrusters and gyroscopes to help it move more than its own weight. The low/high settings is controlled via an even controller waiting for the landing gear to lock.

The issue is when I maneuver the craft in a way that the landing gear switches states to “ready to lock” the event controller, that is set to “landing gear locked”, not “ready to lock”, seems to trigger full power for a split second, sending the craft at full thrust into anything in its path. It’s as if the landing gear cycles through states rather than switches states causing the massive boost in speed, crashing the ship.

Not sure I’ve explained this properly. In summery Magplates are apparently causing a false trigger of event controllers when going between states.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file