This object is in archive! 

[DISREGARD] Attached parts (e.g. Interior Lights) disappear without "refund" when grinding a grid

Christoph Lipka shared this feedback 11 months ago
Not Enough Votes

[Edit: I accidently submitted this as Feedback but meant to submit it as a bug; PLEASE DISREGARD, I would delete this submission myself if I knew how.]

When grinding down a block that has certain other blocks attached (seen repeatedly with e.g. Interior Lights and the new Access Panel 1), the attached blocks disappear without any "refund" of the components or even so much as a warning.

Steps to Reproduce:

- Start with an empty inventory (except player tools of course).

- Add two large Light Armor Blocks, a large Interior Light and a large Access Panel 1 to the build queue and retrieve the components.

- Build a new static large grid consisting of two Light Armor Blocks stacked on top each other.

- Attach an Interior Light to the upper LAB.

- Attach an Access Panel 1 to another side of the upper LAB.

- Note that you should now have an empty inventory again.

- Deconstruct the Light Armor Blocks.

Expected behavior:

(a) The Interior Light and Access Panel 1 should be seen lying around somewhere, or

(b) Alternatively, the components for the Interior Light and Access Panel 1 should be in your inventory.

(c) At the very minimum, the Interior Light and Access Panel 1 components should be "refunded" in the form of scrap metal (either lying around or already in your inventory).

Observed behavior:

- Neither the Interior Light and Access Panel 1 nor their components or scrap metal are anywhere to be seen.

- Your inventory holds only Armor Plate (and the player tools of course).

This happens a lot when manually grinding down Unidientified Signal grids (where you often don't realize that there's another part attached, or the attached parts are difficult to target, and you may accidently grind down the part they are attached to instead), which is quite annoying during early game when every piece of component is valuable.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file