Build Planner Queues On Connected Ships

Austin Barrett shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

Have a static grid (base) with an assembler and a connector. Connect a ship that also has an assembler. Add an item to the build planner and shift middle-click a point on the base that's not the base assembler. Sometimes the job is queued up on a connected ship.

This results in parts being built on a ship using other people's resources, and where components won't flow back to the player through the original connection point using middle-click. This happens regardless of cooperative mode assemblers or powered off assemblers.

Three possible solutions I can foresee, but there may be others:

1. Build Planner should remember the selected assembler. A default build planner assembler is ideal because neither penalties below are applied.
  2. Build Planner should only add to production queue of the current grid (base), so that parts never get made on connected grids (ships). The penalty is that ships can't contribute to the build planner queue.
  3. Build Planner should pull components from the current grid and any connected grids on shift middle-click (the connector allows the passthrough). The penalty is that you may pull spare parts from ships that keep them aboard for field repairs.

Let me know if any extra info is needed and I'll be glad to help!

- Xech

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file