Ladder Improvements

Guest shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

Ladders as they are are kind of annoying. It would be nice to allow looking around and maybe block placement/welding while on ladders. Backing off the bottom ladder in a column should put you on the ground at the foot of the ladder, or drop you off the bottom of there isn't one. In zero g, it should put you maglocked to the block below instead of leaving you hovering.

Most of this I haven't checked since the Economy update, but I haven't seen anything in the patch notes (so far) about fixing these.

As an additional pet peeve of mine, please, please make it possible to walk up 0.5 m steps, and allow the engineer's feet to "reach out" so that you don't just end up jumping in place next to a rise.

Replies (1)

photo

I just played Lost Colony (no jetpack in this scenario) and building without a jetpack would be a lot better if we could use tools/place blocks while on a ladder.

Also, "stepping out" of a ladder could be sideway?

photo

I guess we can already step sideway out of a ladder (I think I tested this in space in no gravity before and assumed I could'nt, but I was able to do it in gravity. My bad.

But for the tools, is there a way I could use them or place new blocks while on a ladder?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file