Block groups randomly add new blocks

Engi shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

My block groups randomly add new blocks to them. The latest example: Interior Lights group pulls in a connector block all by itself. Now when the sensor trips the lights on and off, it turns the connector on and off, dropping the ship to the floor in the hangar. Luckily it didn't happen right before a jump, which would have left my small ship behind. The time before this, a rocket launcher block was added to my gyroscopes group. It seems totally random. This regularly happens but I can see no pattern to when or which groups or which blocks get added.

When you remove the block and then resave the group, the new block stays out of the group until he next time you log off/on or the server restarts. Then the group has the same block back in it. The only solution is to delete the group all together and then rename it slightly differently. If you use the same name, it seems to pull that same block back in after the next restart or log off/on. This problem is really really annoying and can result in the damage or loss of ships. Please address. I have reported this before.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Yourtopic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue asit will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This just happened with me a few minutes ago on the Keen NA #6 server. I was landing on the moon and toggled my lights on. This unfortunately toggled the hydrogen tank that was randomly assigned to my 'lights' group. I almost lost a ship that took hours to complete due to this bug. Please fix :D

photo

Got the same bug with turning on atmo thrusters group where sorters somehow add on this group every day I join the server

photo

Another person on my server reported this in chat as well. Except in his case his atmo thruster(s) got added to his lights group and when he turned his lights off, he lost thrust and crashed. Ouch.

photo

I've had the same problem multiple times with different groups and blocks. No consistency. A battery pulls into a thruster group or a landing gear into a drill group. I've had other combinations as well but I don't remember them. It's extremely annoying. I suspect more offerings to Clang are necessary.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file