Remove (or improve) "P" and "Y"

Matthew S (AViegarien) shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

It's hard to describe how many problems these 2 keys cause. The fact that any ship connected via a connector (or landing gear at the time of writing) can disconnect (bad) or power down (extremely bad) every connected grid. It is to the point where basically every person who makes a tutorial says many many times to NEVER PRESS P (or Y).

So honestly either remove the function (which sucks, but at least we won't have people breaking other people's stuff by accident because they pressed one of these 2 evil key binds). Or if possible make it so the function only affects the "mechanical" grid so sub-grids attached by pistons/rotors/merge blocks will receive the effects of P and Y while grids connected through a connector will remain unaffected.

Replies (3)

photo

Or can't we make a list for each grid on which blocks will be affected?

photo

An action group like in Kerbal Space Program, where some parts would be added by defauld but can be manualy added and removed from.

photo

As someone who uses the 'p' key responsibly, I rather it not be removed. I'd also say that in my experience, it does not disconnect every grid on, say a carrier, if used from a small craft attached to the carrier, but I only hazily remember the last time I tested that.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file