Petition to remove spawn in near other players from the game

gary# 0 shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

This is mainly oriented towards space bc honestly planets are so small it doesn't matter.

I was playing Alehouse (the PvP one) and some ppl found our base that was 200km away from anything, then they started ramming it with respawn pods. Our faction lost 2 ships because of this cheap move...and they lost practically nothing. What is the point of building if it will be found in a couple hours and kamikazed to death? Especially now that it takes 10 times longer to found all the ones in space (4hrs for all 10, not counting stone).

Replies (4)

photo

This feature has a good purpose (getting people close) but I find it almost works in the opposite way. In current gameplay, the only real defense is to never be found, as turrets can be easily destroyed from a safe range using fixed weapons. With this feature players can easily find new victims, it's the pirate and the griefer wet dream. Not only does it aid them, it also forces factions to move constantly/ destroy any fresh spawn that they can find, as they are either a potential enemy, or a potential fool who will blast their position with GPS and antenna coordinates. Stealth is the only way to be safe in this game, and this feature makes it much harder.

photo

I second this, since it really makes any progress void in any PvP scenario. At least make it configurable by all, faction, range, off.

photo

yeah can agree to this, forcing player interaction by having them spawn near to others, is not the right way in my opinion, especially with the trolling issues, there is and will be always people that miss-use this "feature" to have a little fun by ramming others stuff

make events where big npc stations are coming by or such and everyone gets informed on the server, this causes better and more fair interactions

photo

Perhaps there is a better way to make people interact. I'd like to see allies who start on server drop very near each other, but this spawning near others may help rammers more than people who want interaction. Perhaps instead of completely removing this feature, fixing PvP in general in some future patch would help all this mess.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file