Warfare 3?

Raven shared this feedback 13 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Good Afternoon Keen,

I'm sure you're not planning any more DLC's for SE as you're putting more care and attention into SE2, but hear me out.

SE has been in many of our lives growing up and giving us the seed of creativity and love for space, to end it now when there's so much potential is worrying, whilst SE2 looks amazing, I fear we'll have a case of Kerbal Space Programme 2 where KSP1 was doing so well already.

While the modding community for SE does an unreal job of new blocks and scripts, I feel there could be another Warfare DLC to implement a few more weapons and hand tools (that don't get much of a look into in my opinion), such as:

• Laser rangefinder/designator - This locks on to a grid or voxel you're aiming at and gets it's COM GPS coordinates that you can use in conjunction with task block to send a drone strike or Helldivers. Hand designator 1,000m range, small ship 5,000m, large ship 20,000m[spotlight style]
  • Laser based weaponry - CIWS is an issue when using turrets, and even a large hinge small grid gat turret struggles with interception (20% success rate from my testing) laser turrets could be more accurate at tracking but very weak against blocks, though strong enough to take out a rocket in 1 second or 200 meters (80% rockets impact success rate using large hinge, small grid gat turret to 25% rockets impact success rate using laser turret), and energy hungry requiring similar amounts of energy to a max module refinery or assembler when in use.
  • AI bases - The star system should have AI bases in my opinion, mix of friendly and enemy like the easy earth start, but could be interesting if they respawned on a planet after entering the gravitational pull of another planet (so not to exploit resources early game, and to prolong the experience)
  • AI NPC's - Give us a reason to use the hand weapons in PVE, the only time I use these are 'I'm up, he sees me I'm down' attacks on gatling turrets and interior turrets. Adding in AI like the spiders, wolves, etc. that spawn around pirate bases could be a good addition to breach and clearing bases. I know there's a mod out there that does this but know that Keen has used and implemented peoples mods into their game with their consent.
  • Hand weapon explosives - Like a C4 charge used to breach doors and walls, or ambush a known path AI patrols take, small explosion but big damage, and grenades to have an explosive damage without damaging voxels. There's bullet drop in game already so having the speed of the projectile lowered significantly to create a UGL type weapon that explodes on impact like the artillery shell could be ideal and simple addition, possibly?
  • Hand weapon snipers - Getting a sneaky 70% damage to the chest or 100% to the head from 800m after walking a great distance could be great, especially to take out other players and NPC bots.
  • AI Patrols - With the new AI task blocks I feel it could be implemented to have 'logistic patrols' and in between pirate and friendly bases to act as a hybrid traffic to give the player more thought and scope to try new things to acquire resources through piracy or avoid dangers from piracy.
  • Drop pod seat - something like the industrial cockpit but more of a square shape to fit into a design with monitors on the left and right rather than central could be a fun little nod to ODST or Helldivers, (what a lot of people are into at the moment)
  • Weld-less, drill-less and grind-less base protection - It's too easy to assault a base in a weak spot such as drilling beneath the base or grinding under a turret, have a shield generator that requires either credits or a lot of energy to have on, can have this apply to everyone or all those not in the faction. This will create a new playstile when assaulting bases, both in PVE and PVP that required more weapons and explosives rather than drilling and grinding.
  • More thrust - Having a 5 x 5 x 5 hydrogen thruster and accompanying tank could give us those much larger ships for heavier engagements. While I enjoy the challenge of limitations, I feel this would give the community more unique designs and capabilities.
  • Voxel regeneration - approaching a planet that looks like a teenagers face makes it obvious where a weathered base is, could there be some kind of 'welder' type tool to use stone as a material to fill in old voxel damages or even add voxels to create stoney roads and paths, or possibly when there is a sand or snow storm that parts of ice and dirt are restored other than in airtight areas? I understand this could play havoc if a ship grid is parked on a voxel that has been restored so maybe not viable, but something to have in mind one day perhaps?

All the above are just ideas I've had over the past so many years of playing the game that we don't have in all our current DLC's, I understand some can be quick fixes and some would require weeks or months of coding, graphics design, etc. but maybe I speak for many, maybe I speak for just myself but this is a one of a kind game that has so much potential and a massive community that is loyal and loves what Keen has created and continues to improve, all we say is: ENCORE

Like I mentioned before, I understand all time and resources will be allocated to SE2 but do seriously hope for the people who will stick to your original and much loved SE1 that you continue to make your 10 year old baby grow.

Mike

Replies (2)

photo

SE1 has by no means reached end of life. And as far as I know SE2 has not even been officially announced (though with VRAGE3 its definitely likely)

the actual ideas are sound though

photo

Solid ideas :)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file