Pressurize / Depressurize of grid bugged after using airlock (Gate / Airtight Hangar Door)

Anders Wraae shared this bug 14 days ago
Duplicate

Steam Workshop link for the World with vide Walkthroughs:

World file has also been attached:

Videos showcasing the bug on YouTube:

Full walkthrugh

with event controller disabled

videos from Mechgingineer showcasing same bug.

VIdeo 1

Video 2

The World Is in Creative and contains:

1 Static Grid.

In the grid there are different Airlock setups using different types of doors and gates.

The exterior parts of the airlocks are:

1 Gate

5 Airtight Hangar Doors (AHD)

1 Airtight Hangar Door (AHD)

1 Gate

1 Door

1 Sliding Door (SD)

3 Sliding Doors (SD)

5 Sliding Doors (SD)

All the airlocks have each been setup using:

1 Event Controller

1 air vent

Interior door

Exterior doors or gates

The Airlock cycles are as follows:

Event controller monitoring interior and exterior doors / gates under the ‘doors opened’ setting.

In the event controller the ‘negative action’ (Doors closed) on first three tabs is used:

Interior: on / off

Exterior: on /off

Air vent: pressurize / depressurize

Either interior or the exterior door will always be closed and off in the setup.

The Air vent, will when the room is:

Pressurized: open the interior door

Depressurized: open the exterior door

The bug will happen if:

An airlock containing either AHD or a Gate as the exterior door opens towards the outside after the ‘airlock room’ has been depressurized – Leaving the exterior gate or AHD open.

Then the player continues to enter the same grid through a different airlock.

This is true for the cycle happening through the setup as described above or if done manually.

The nature of the bug seems to have the game confuse interior and exterior after going through the above steps, which in turn makes it impossible to pressurize the grid.

Going deeper into the grid through other doors expands the issue to more rooms.

The world is setup so that the tester / player can try different cmbinations to replicate the bug.

After the bug is confirmed, reload with f5 and try a different approach.

The different amount of the same doors or gates are to test if numbers has anything to do with the bug,

Replies (3)

photo

This bug might be related to many other pressurization bugs, especialy in multiplayer, as it's not intuitive for players to check status of specifik bloks like hangar doors and gates, which are seemingly doing as intended.

i've seen bug repports from players saying a grid wont pressurize after af small grid has passed through a gate and docked, multiplayer and singleplayer - it could very well be the same course. at least in some cases.

multiplayer only makes this bug more viable to happen, since multiple players could be accesing a grid from different airlocks wirhout coordination.

In any case, i hope it helps someone

photo

Hello, Anders!

Thank you for reaching our forum with this issue that you are experiencing. We appreciate you providing the affected world file.

After further investigation and comparison to the other threads with similar issues, it seems the issue is the same as reported here on this thread.

As you may have noticed the shared thread is in a 'Reported' state, and we would need to wait till the shared thread is fixed (commented and moved to Solved status).

We will close this thread now as 'Duplicate'. Please follow the shared thread for any new information, comments, and possible fixes coming.

Once that issue is fixed, but you will still be experiencing the same issue, please open a new thread and provide information about the current state on your side.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regard,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Feel free to close the thread, i will update you as suggested.

It's important for me to point out though, that this has nothing to do with scrips (as other thread) or remote control bloks. Why exactly it happens I will leave up to you, but in my findings it only happens when using airtight hangar doors or the gate, as described in the report.

I have replicated the bug my self on in different worlds and it's very easy to setup.

Regards.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file