Subgrid becomes immovable

Jesse Stockwell shared this bug 45 days ago
Won't Fix

I have a game save where I am trying to dig a ramp to get my vehicle from high ground to low ground.

The drill rig consists of large grid pistons pushing a 2 block actuator, and then a small grid drill head. The actuator allows the drill head to be moved to a different height for multiple drilling passes.

I'm having a problem where the drill head becomes immovable by the FIRST hinge of the actuator. I have been fighting with this for awhile, and cannot get around it. I've rebuilt, re-attached the drill head several times. Sometimes this fixes the issue. Sometimes not.

Earlier in the save, the pistons could not move the drill head unless it was ALREADY moving, so I setup a timer block to reverse hinge holding the drill head every 2 seconds, so that it was always moving. This allowed the pistons to push the head again.

I think I am currently in a position where In order to drill this hole, I have to completely rebuild the drill head.

Please take a look at this gamesave, and see if this reproduces for you. It has been VERY consistent for me over several hours of gameplay over multiple days, with lotsa game reloads, so I'm pretty convinced this game save demonstrates a difficult to re-create game state where a grid has become "static", or "merged to the voxel" somehow.

I attached the gamesave folder. If you need any more information, please reach out. This has been very frustrating.

Thank you,

Jesse

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Jesse!

Thank you for writing to us.

On reviewing the provided world save file, it seems there are plenty of MODs active on the save, and it is quite possible the issue could be occurring because of any broken or obsolete MODs. Please note that we don't and can't provide support for MODs as there are plenty of them out there, and it's the MOD creator's responsibility to keep their MODs compatible with the game's latest version.

Could you kindly check if you happen to experience the same issue in a vanilla world (which has no active MODs or Plugins) as well? If so, please send us a screen recording/video showing the issue, the vanilla world save file where you happen to experience this issue, along with the log file from the time when the issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I apologize for not replying earlier. I'll be checking my email on future bug submissions. Thanks for the response.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file