Steam: Error Accessing service

Cosmic Bananas shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

this is a problem i've had for over a year now. whenever i try to publish a creation it shows up a error message and does nothing. i did some research and found a "fix" that did nothing for me. the fix had me uninstall steam and all its files and reinstall it, that did nothing. i want to publish my creations to steam i want that option to makesure i can have that extra backup in case my computer has unforseen problems and to share it in general

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Cosmic!

Thank you for writing to us we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you please provide further information about this issue?

Are you attempting to upload a blueprint on Steam with a thumbnail size exceeding 1 MB? If so, please try reducing the thumbnail size to below 1 MB. You can find steps to do this in the Troubleshooting section at the bottom of this page. After reducing the thumbnail size, please attempt to upload your item/blueprint to the Steam Workshop again and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, could you check if you have the 'Enable Cloud' option checked in Options > Game? If it's checked, please uncheck it. If it's unchecked, please check/enable it and see if the issue still occurs.

Additionally, could you kindly confirm if the 'fix' you referred to is the same solution described here that has resolved similar issues for other players? If this isn't the fix you've tried or if the issue still persists after trying the above suggested steps, please try the workaround provided in the shared thread.

Please let us know if any of these steps or workarounds resolve the issue for you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file