Client-Crash by Invalid Colour Hex-Code

Lukas11112000 shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

Crash (1chars): Echo("[color=#103ec9]A[/color]");

Crash (0chars): Echo("[color=#103ec9][/color]A");

No Crash (2chars): Echo("[color=#103ec9]AB[/color]");

An invalid Hex Code causes a client crash of anyone looking at the resulting text when the Character-Count is <=1.

The expected behaviour is the Hex-Code being read as text without being interpreted, as seen in the attached picture.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Lukas11112000,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

Can you please provide me more information?

In the shared Discord conversation, you are speaking about some affected blueprint. Can you share that with me, please?

However, as the blueprint itself might be sufficient in reproduction of this, it would be great if you can also share detailed steps to reproduce describing how this issue can be achieved/triggered in the actual game with new grid/block.

Any additional information that you can share might help me as well.

Can you please also share me the actual log from the game that crashed because of this, so I can compare the results?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file