Friend can't see certain ship 1.203

Ian Hartzog shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

Ok so this is a weird one.

My friend can join my world and see all our ships except one.

Literally this one ship just doesn't visualize for him. He can collide with it but not see or interact with it.

I also had the issue where when trying to spawn the ship in on his world, I got a "Space is Occupied" error every time I tried to paste it - but only with this ship, all my other bps worked fine.

Please help me fix this.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Ian Hartzog,

I am sorry to hear your friend is experiencing an issue when playing Space Engineers. To better assist you, I have a few questions and requests:

1. Is the server modded? It would be helpful to know if any mods are running on the server, as mod conflicts could potentially cause the visibility issue your friend is facing.
  2. Is the ship modded? If the ship in question has any unique modifications, that could be a key factor in this problem.
  3. Could you provide me with the blueprint of the ship? Having a look at the ship's blueprint might help me identify any irregularities or conflicts in its design, which could be causing the problem.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

1. Additionally, could you ask your friend to provide a log file from their game session? Analyzing the log file could reveal any errors or issues occurring specifically on their end.

• They can access the log files by typing %appdata% into their Windows search bar and they will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

No server mods, no ship mods. BP attached. I'll see about getting the log. Thanks in advance for the help.

photo
photo

Hello Ian Hartzog,

Thank you for the blueprint. I was capable of pasting it in and interacting with the grid without a problem. Did you manage to get a log file from your friend?

You and your friend can try to verify your game data in the meantime and test if you are able to see the ship and paste it in a world.

To verify your game files in Steam:

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Kind regards,

photo

UPDATE: Friend is going through hard-drive failure. No log file. Also could this have been the cause of the bug?

photo

Hello Ian Hartzog,

I am very sorry to hear that your friend is going through hard-drive failure. Hard-drive failure itself wouldn't directly cause specific ships to be invisible. When a hard drive fails, it typically leads to data corruption or loss. If the game files containing information about certain ships are corrupted or missing due to a hard-drive failure, it could result in those ships not rendering properly or being inaccessible in the game.

Is the blueprint of the ship stored on your friend's computer? If so, it could have been corrupted by it.

Since a specific ship is not visible, it's more likely due to issues within the game files, graphics drivers, or the game itself. In addition to verifying the game files integrity, tell your friend to update graphics drivers if possible.

Please keep me updated about your friend´s situation and if their computer is working and is capable of running Space Engineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file