Your flight model is all wrong when using a jetpack.

Michael Eber shared this bug 7 months ago
Not a Bug

When I fly with a jetpack I spend half of my time just keeping myself upright. So let me educate you on jetpack flight.

The jets are set so that you are basically flying on a 2 dimensional space. You go up or down and touch down on the ground. You got that one right. You go forward and back and that is all and you got that right.

But when I move the mouse from side to side all that should be happening is I am rotating on the exact same x/y axis I was on when I stopped. Instead you move us around like we are moving on a stupid arc. Move to the left and I am leaning that way and need to straighten out. Move to the right and I am leaning to the right. Move left then right and return to the same spot and you fail to perform the operations correctly such that I am always tilted at an angle.

You may say it is always that way by design. I say it is a piece of crap flight model that is buggy and needs to be corrected.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Michael!

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

While the current functionality is working as intended, we sincerely appreciate your suggestion, which we believe could significantly enhance the game. We encourage you to share your suggestions in our feedback section, here.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

have you tried testing what you said with arrow keys instead of mouse?

unless your arm have a machine bed accuracy, the tiny up/down movement when dragging the mouse WILL disturb the rotation

arrow keys will perfectly rotate you left/right as it wont have tiny up/down movement

unless even with arrow keys the rotation still have rolling issue, then i guess keen would like a video

Replies have been locked on this page!