same character toolbar accessible across all servers and saves.

Thomas de Veer shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Something I have found annoying recently is that your character toolbar doesn't transferable across saves, so you can easily get lost between many different toolbars setups you have across different saves. (I have at-least 3 different creative building saves each with there own specialty)

My suggestion is that the toolbar can be saved and loaded across different saves, and if possible even on servers.

Even if we can only have 1 saved toolbar set (I mean all 10 available toolbars for 1 character) it would be nice and save a lot of time and confusion, though multiple slots would be preferred.

I would put the save and load buttons to the right of the PCU counter in the G menu.

Replies (5)

photo

It was amazing the first time you could go to a cockpit and the tool bar was saved from when you last played. This would be a further quality of life enhancement across the board as I always have to reset and then it is always slightly different. It tends to slow me down at times.

photo

I have found the settings of where the toolbar is saved in the world saves and it should not be to hard to make this happen.

though until then you can edit the Sandbox.sbc in the save folder and copy the entire <AllPlayersData> and then <Toolbar> section over to the other world in the same location.

photo

Really would love for this to be an option in-game to load a toolbar from any other save (or save a default preferred layout that is used and can be loaded from, like on a server).

photo

This, so much this. I NEED THIS. I build a lot, and I mean A LOT, and it's so annoying to instinctively press Ctrl+5, 5 to pull out my Conveyors (and so on) in a new world, with a slightly different set of mods, only to find out that not only are my preferred custom colors gone, but all my normal building items are not bound.

Since you can have items bound that you don't have in your inventory (like a removed tool, or even literally any block), I imagine it would just take a small file to keep track of that and auto-apply it. Or even have a menu with saved toolbars, transferable between saves. Also, the ability to save and load palettes... please pretty please!

photo

How is this still not implemented? Switching between Server and creative to create blueprints pretty annoying without this

Leave a Comment

Attach a file