People cannot join faction

RexThunder shared this bug 9 months ago
Won't Fix

About a week ago if not less we were able to accept people into our faction, now they cannot even apply? the apply button is greyed out, they can apply to any other faction but not ours?

Is there any way for the admins to easily put the new people into our faction? if we have to remake the faction it will be very laborious and difficult to coordinate.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, RexThunder,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problem.

Can you please provide me more information, as I was not able to reproduce this issue on my side so far.

First of all, it would be good if you can tell me where exactly you are playing the game. It is on one of the Keen servers? Or do you run your own? Or is it any other?

You can ask your admins if there is possibility to solve it from their side. Most likely not, but it's still wroth a shot.

If you are playing on official Keen servers, you can reach you admins in game or on Discord.

Discord is used as a tool to help easily resolve official server issues in real-time.

If you have encountered an issue on an official Space Engineers server, please take the following steps:

~Please contact a server Administrator on your server.

~Join our official Discord server https://discord.gg/keenswh

~Contact a server Administrator in the #Help-for-official-servers Discord channel

If there won't be anything that admins can do about it, can you please let me know other facts from the game/your faction?

How many people are there? Are you sure they do not have just the sent application pending to be accepted?

Was there any action in between it was working the last time and when it stopped working? Like server restart or something?

Are you the owner of this faction? Is anyone accepted? Can you try to tick the option "Accept everyone" in the game's Faction screen?

What number of players (approximately) is suffering with this issue?

Is this one server the only place where you are experiencing the issue?

Any other information – also screenshots/video – that you can share regarding this will be very useful as well.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Playing on the Skunkworks server

We have normally ten people in our faction, there is no limit or faction cap on the server

Admins say the faction may be bugged and we probably have to remake the faction, but I'd like to know why this happens or if theres ANY other way

No notable actions between last time it was working and now, just the routine restarts the server does several times a day

We have nobody pending, they cant even apply to join, the button to apply is greyed out as if they were in a faction already (they are not) but when they click another faction they can apply to join

Two players so far are struggling with this issiue

I am the owner of the faction and we have tried setting it to accept everyone and they still cant even apply

Only having the problem on this server, I wish I had video but the people arent on right now who are having the problem

photo
photo

Hello, RexThunder,

thank you for the additional information. Am I correct that Skunkworks servers are using multiple mods? There could be some compatibility issues between them causing this issue.

When you asked the admins, did they just say that the faction is bugged or did they tell you why they think it is bugged? Have they looked into the settings or logs for possible causes?

Would it be possible to obtain logs from the affected players from the time they tried to join the faction? Or even from the admins?

Since you are having this problem only on this server and the server is possibly modded, it could explain why we were unable to reproduce the issue. Could you create a new server with the exact same mods and let other player test the behavior? Unfortunately, we do not offer support for mods so replicating it on your side would be the only solution.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file
Access denied