This object is in archive! 

Overload certain module, draining more power and generating heat/damage

Baboo85 shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

What I'm thinking is not a generic heat generation in the ship with complex mechanic.

It would be nice to have an "Overload" button function in certain modules, for example thrusters and reactors, to generate more thrust/power and generating "heat".

It could be a simple mechanic by starting to do self-damage to the overloaded module after 5/10 seconds of overloading, until it lose functionality (like when it gets normally damaged by a thruster).

The heat can be dissipated (in game mechanics: the damage starts further) with an heat sink by putting them around the module. With those the delay of the damage is added, so if the base delay is 5 seconds, every heat sink delay it for another 5 seconds.

It could be cool to have it for a thruster booster or to generate more power with reactors (temporary).

It could be even cooler to have a... "gauge slide" (sorry for my english, the right term isn't coming in my mind) so you can set how much overload put on the module (from 1% to 30%) and use heat sinks to manage the heat produced (like: every heat sink can manage 5% of heat generated, you can add maximum 3 heat sinks to sustain 15% of constand overload).

Also having the heat sink block to occupy 3-4 blocks away like the hangar door, so one is forced to leave spaces to dissipate the heat.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file