This object is in archive! 

SE - Surface black spot texture bug

Paulaswam shared this bug 21 months ago
Won't Fix

I installed the game earlier today and joined a modded experimental server. For the first hour or so I had no issues and then randomly my surface texture broke. Now the game only loads the surface properly in a small radius around my character. I tried everything to fix it and eventually found that a game reinstall fixed the problem. Sadly it only remained fix for about another 1-2 hours. Afterwards, the just bug reappeared.

https://youtu.be/ZKkhKNnS9Ek

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Paul!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. As mentioned in the messages, we would require you to test the issue in an un-modded world and see if the issue persists. Mods can cause a wide array of issues and because of this, we do not provide support for them. Please re-test the issue and let us know if it remains an issue when mods are not involved.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I tested it in a non modded single player world. the bug is still occurs.

photo

Hello, Paul!

Thank you for letting us know. I would suggest doing the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/qLg8eOd4BzccZpgMDCGJbZwnKOsbEqQpiNEsY9pxgVvZ-fIjDgAtNy0ZgT9NIX7DJyLDbgZVaau3cRL1rc6hh2ORdKCsWeF_9MmHVJvov1LaB7Wz4lzw0k3GHJK6-Wj6jZitNf5HL-iqrkISBMRACA

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

I appreciate you have re-installed the game once and this helped. I am wondering if this combined with the above may help as a more permanent fix rather than just the 1-2 hours from before

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I did everything you posted and the problem didn't fix at all (even after reinstalling the game again).

photo

Hello, Paul!

Thank you for this. Will the same thing happen if you lower all graphical settings to low? I ask because we have this thread https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/22877-the-texture-does-not-load-since-the-new-update-warfare-2

Could you also try changing your aspect ratio? Not that this should change textures but I notice you're using an unsupported aspect ratio.

Are you able to try this on the previous version of the game? Right click on the game in Steam> Properties > Betas > Pick one of these (1.200 is the recent one) and let me know how this runs?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!