This object is in archive! 

Copying Grid Causes Extreme Crash

The Dukk Of Code shared this bug 23 months ago
Won't Fix

Whenever I copy a grid, it automatically pastes it after I left click without clicking ctrl+v. If the grid is large enough, the game will crash after I place another block. When it crashes, I can't get back in the world without everything freezing.

Steps:

1) Make a large grid.

2) Copy it.

3) Left click.

4) Place another block anywhere (in some cases).

This may only happen on a planet.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thanks for letting us know.

Please be aware that if you Ctrl + C the grid, it's all right that the grid projection/blueprint will be selected. There is no need to press Ctrl + V as you don't store this grid/BP into the clippboard (that is done by using Ctrl + X or by Ctrl + F10 - Copy to clippboard).

Anyway, this seems not to be your biggest issue. But when trying your provided steps, the game did not crash.

What exactly do you mean by "large" grid. Large like large/vs small grid.. that meaning it would be happening with every and each large grid that you try to copy. Or large... like big? :)

You think it would be possible to share me a bluepint of this grid? Plus any more information you can share would help!

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!