This object is in archive! 

Crashing

Lacyway shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

My game constantly crashes within 5 minutes, with or without mods. All my VCRedist are up to date, also tried reinstalling them, I'm running the latest graphic drivers. I ran the game fine on the same setup a few months ago. I've cleared the %appdata% folder multiple times, same problem. Usually it tells me that the graphic card driver failed or that my GPU is overheating, the GPU is sub 70 degrees celsius every time so it's not overheating. I have also tried running the game with only one monitor, same problem. Also verified game integrity and reinstalled the game entirely. Set all the settings to the lowest, still crashing. Attached latest logs from a crash session.

Setup:

GTX 1080

i7 10700k

32GB 3600 MHz RAM

Running the game on a m.2 SSD

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Lacyway,

thanks for contacting us regarding your issue and we are sorry that you are experiencing it.

You are mentioning that the issue is happening with(out) mods regardless. But in the log, I can see that you are running some mods (al least on the game-log you provided). Can you please disable those in a first place, to try whether you will experience this issue even on vanilla (no mods) game as well? When the issue would be ongoing also in mod-free environment, it would help us to narrow it down.

From your text, I can see that you already did all sorts of possible fixes/workarounds.

The thing is that the exception error is rather vague and could mean whole bunch of things including some HW related issue. Would be great if you could try also these:

• Check GPU/system temps/voltages with something like HWMonitor
  • If temperature issues, check GPU and system fans are clean and running
  • Switch GPU driver settings to high-performance (i.e. not quality/high quality)
  • Update to latest GPU drivers (clean install)
  • If the GPU/system is over-clocked, revert to stock clock speeds
  • Remove, clean and re-seat the GPU and connections as it can be simply displaced or loose with the time

If nothing would help you from the list, please supply to your reply also log from Windows event viewer, so we have complete information regarding the game.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi,

I run many games and this is the only one that crashes (except Chivalry 2 since the latest update), so I'm sorry to say I highly doubt it's an issue with my hardware.

I monitor my hardware with my 2nd monitor all the time and the GPU is not even exceeding 70 degrees at around 98% usage when playing SE. CPU is fine too, never goes above 60 degrees. See below for a screenshot from when I'm playing SE:a670e173ce117ca46aa45c3bc43d6e37

My GPU drivers are already set to high performance, and I've done a clean install 3 days ago. I have no overclocks on any hardware. I've attached a log from when it crashes again, without mods. I managed to play for around 2 minutes before the crash.

SE does not output anything in the event viewer, all I can find is a driver crash and it won't let me attach the file:

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

photo

Any updates?

photo

They don't usually reply during weekends so I would wait until Monday. Also it looks like an issue with SharpDx thinking the graphics card got removed. So it is not Space Engineers causing the problem. It might be something to do with SharpDx and DirectX11. Also SharpDx is no longer being developed on so it might be a bit harder to fix the issue if the issue is from SharpDx. Although there is a fork of it here that is actively maintained: https://github.com/amerkoleci/Vortice.Windows

photo
photo

Hello again,

Any updates?

photo

Hello, Lacyway,

actually, I´m afraid that WesternGamer is right.

The error in your log "[DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED/DeviceRemoved], Message: The GPU device instance has been suspended." is vague mainly HW related exceptions/error pointing towards the GPU either crashing, or getting removed.

Please try the following as well if possible:

- try to run the SE on different PC if possible to be able to see if this error would persist also there. The best would be if you can run it from your Steam account and on the same server/save as is crashing for you

If you will be able to play it there then removing, cleanings and re-seating the GPU and connections seems like the good option where to start as there clearly won´t be mistake on the game´s side, if you can run it on other PC. And since you are experiencing the same issue/behavior in other game too.

Kind Regards

photo

I'm not "experiencing" this issue with other games. Only Chivalry 2 crashes and it's because the game is broken, it crashes on consoles too.

I've already re-seated my GPU this weekend when cleaning my components. I do not have another PC to test with.

I really can't see any reason that it would be my hardware when all of my 500+ other games in my library runs fine. I even ran Furmark to see if it's my GPU under full load, still runs fine.

photo

Hello,

as said before, unfortunately, we are not able to identify any in-game issue from the given log/error.

Please try to properly uninstall the SE once more with manually deleting all the remaining files in both - %appdata% SE folder (obviously, not your saves that you want to keep and blueprints) and from the directory where the game is installed in your Steam folder as well. It´s possible that you may have some files, configs etc broken, changed (intentionally or not) and thus these would not get properly uninstalled from your system, nor verified through Steam.

After making sure all files are uninstalled and deleted, restart your PC and try to do the fresh install. After the fresh install is done, try to run the game and play a bit some game without any mods and changes in settings just to verify whether the issue is still persistent even on fresh and clean install on the game without any mods, scripts, changes.

If this won´t work, the best option I can provide is to read through this as it also provides possible solutions and fixes for the said exception.

Kind Regards

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

photo

hi, i had the same problem, i solved by reinstalling the video card driver but manually, GeForce Experience told me that I had the latest drivers, and it was the same also in device manager, but going to the official website of nividia I saw that there it has more recent drivers for my video card than I had, so I downloaded them and installed the drivers without GeForce experience, after the update I reinstalled it, and after that the game started. bye, I hope I have been helpful to someone.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file