This object is in archive! 

Voxel related(?) CTD

Ian Strome shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

After good 30 hours playing on a modded game with friends, I've started getting a CTD about 2 minutes after loading the save and it appears to be something related to the voxels. Pretty sure it isn't mod related, and we did build into the side of a mountain (on earth-like) and I feel like that could be related. Hoping there's a fix so we don't have to start over. Here's the exception:

2021-06-10 23:27:25.288 - Thread:   1 ->  Exception occurred: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyVoxelGeometry.GetCellLineIntersectionOctree(Nullable`1& result, Line& modelSpaceLine, Nullable`1& minDistanceUntilNow, CellData cachedDataCell, IntersectionFlags flags)
   at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyVoxelGeometry.Intersect(Line& localLine, MyIntersectionResultLineTriangle& result, IntersectionFlags flags)
   at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyVoxelBase.GetIntersectionWithLine(LineD& worldLine, Nullable`1& t, IntersectionFlags flags)
   at Sandbox.Game.SessionComponents.MySectorWeatherComponent.IsPositionSafe(Vector3D& position)
   at Sandbox.Game.SessionComponents.MySectorWeatherComponent.ApplyParticle()
   at Sandbox.Game.SessionComponents.MySectorWeatherComponent.UpdateAfterSimulation()
   at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()
   at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)
   at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
   at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
   at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
   at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<Run>b__0()
   at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
   at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
   at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
   at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Ian!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Would it please be possible to remove all the mods and re-test this? I ask because I have tested this once all the mods have been removed and it has not crashed. We usually ask for an unmodded world. I know you mentioned that you were pretty sure it wasn't mod-related but for me, I have not managed to get the world to crash once these are removed.

Please let me know :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!